Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a difference two years make...


Running a company, 'lil as ours may be, is no easy job. The majority of your days are spent doing the not-so-fun stuff: number crunching, prioritizing phone calls, arguing over graphic placements, attempting to convince licensing directors that not offering womens collegiate underwear is somehow sexist... you get the idea.

Today in the UNC Bookstore, however, I had one of those rare and perfect "this has all been worth it" moments. I came back to see how the store had displayed our new merchandise for Carolina (go check it out!!). When I saw the cute display they created, I remembered standing in this exact same spot 2 years ago, looking at some boxer shorts I didn't think were all that great. I knew back then I wanted to start a collegiate apparel company, but had no idea what that would entail... Two years later our Little Undies That Could have set up camp where those boxers were, and every inch of that comfy elastic is the result of so many people who have helped me make my dream come true...and so many people in Sri Lanka who care about this company, who take unbelievable pride in their work. When I actually stand back and look at it all... I can hardly believe what we've done.

2 comments:

Sarah P said...

Rachel,
I was listening to NPR on Friday and was so excited to hear your interview! Congratulations!

Sarah Prezioso

Molly said...

i love the Carolina display! great work!